Transportation advertising offsets the cost of transportation and provides a marketing channel for both exhibitors and AAD
Headquartered in Rosemont, Illinois, the American Academy of Dermatology, founded in 1938, is the largest, most influential, and most representative of all dermatologic associations.
In conjunction with shuttle transportation services provided by Event Transportation Systems (ETS), Newsday Communications executes the sales, production and installation of shuttle bus wraps and sponsored video programs on all shuttle buses providing service for AAD’s Annual Meetings. ETS has been AAD’s transportation partner since 2002, and Newsday has been AAD’s transportation sponsorship partner since 2010.
American Academy of Dermatology
San Diego, Denver, Washington DC, Orlando
Type of Advertising
Shuttle bus graphics and sponsored video programming
More than 15,000
Newsday Communications sells and manages the production and execution of high impact bus wraps of all sizes, interior window banners and headrest covers, and ads that play in sponsored video programming on AAD’s annual meeting shuttle buses.
Shuttle graphics provide exposure to all attendees as they enter and exit the convention center. Video programs provide an effective communications channel for AAD as well as a marketing channel for exhibitors. Both shuttle graphics and video programs increase exposure to products and services and help to drive more traffic to the exhibits floor.
Over time, Newsday has been able to significantly offset the cost of AAD’s shuttle system with revenue generated from advertising and sponsorships. Newsday’s team handles all the details including strategic sales, design, production, installation and removal.
- Advertising opportunities sold out 4 to 5 months in advance of every annual meeting
- Buses sold individually, with flexible options that fit within all budgets
- 85% repeat advertisers, citing quality of execution and return on investment
- Increased sales by at least 20% year over year
Successful installation of graphics on 18-22 buses with very limited installation time
- Introduced successful sponsored video program in 2015, providing additional revenue to AAD
- Ridership data and ad exposures are provided to participating advertisers to help demonstrate ROI